Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fairies and such

When my Adorable Granddaughter and her friends play, they make fairy gardens out in the flower beds and under the bushes. Well, grandma likes fairies too so I thought I'd give her the ingredients for a fairy garden for her next visit to my house. I gathered together all these tiny implements and added them to a few items that I've collected from garage sales, including the mixing bowl I put the sand in.



I added a gnome. And there's a hoe, little shovels and rakes, and a watering can. At this point I wanted to play in it, too.




Adorable Granddaughter has her ideas about what a fairy garden should look like. First you take all that stuff out and add flowers.


And a lizard with a watering hole, and can't forget the fairy doll.


All done! But oops, there's no room for the little house. Which worked out nicely, since she took it home with her to use in her own fairy gardens.


Since Adorable Granddaughter's visit, I haven't noticed any fairies around but I did see a mermaid.

8 comments:

Pam/Digging said...

Cute pics. I'm sure you'll get fairies with all those beautiful flowers for them to nap under.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Oh yes, the wee ones know what fairies like best because they are closer to them. What fun.

Did you read that someplace in Italy several people think they saw a mermaid on the beach??

Carol Michel said...

I love the fairy garden, especially the little hoe.

LostRoses said...

Pam, I sure hope so (so does my granddaughter)!

Lisa, sounds like they had a little too much wine on that beach in Italy. I'll have to google that!

Carol, you know I was thinking of you when I picked out the little hoe. What's a garden without a hoe? Or a whole collection.

Annie in Austin said...

Nothing like a fairy garden to remind us that miniatures are fun for grownups too, Lost Roses...the tiny bench with the watering can is too cute!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

LostRoses said...

Hi Annie, There's just something about miniatures that capture our imagination, whether we're old or young. I love seeing my granddaughter so thoroughly engaged with the wee garden items!

Andrea's Garden said...

What a nice post and great idea! It looks like your granddaughter had quite a surprise and there was lots of room left for her imagination to flow. Best wishes from Germany, Andrea

AMIT said...

Love the garden pics.

bpo projects