Sunday, January 04, 2015

Tomorrow

I have to do it. I have to take down this long cedar swag hanging over the entry to the dining room. But look how dried out it is.

I know what will happen. The minute I touch it there will be an immediate downpour of dried needles. A regular cloudburst. And that's carpet under it. Just look at this desiccated stuff.
Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. Note to self: next year don't be too lazy to go to the basement and haul out the fake stuff.
But meanwhile the succulents in the living room window are soaking up the low winter sun. What the heck, one of those guys even bloomed.
Notice how they're thumbing their green noses at the snow and cold outside the window.
I think they need watered and rotated. Tomorrow.

 

 

1 comment:

outlawgardener said...

It's always best to put off until tomorrow what one could do today. Hard work often pays off over time but procrastination always pays off now! Just think of the glorious cedar fragrance from all of the dried and falling greens from you garland.