Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hunting for summer

I just came back from a Mexico vacation. While I was in Mexico there was snowstorm after snowstorm at home. I felt bad for my neighbors who I knew were taking turns shoveling my walks and driveways while I walked the beach in search of sea glass. I have good neighbors.

Being back at home always leaves me yearning for the tropics with its warm weather. So I went on a hunt for summer. I needed a lovely bowl to display all my sea glass so I hit TJMaxx for inspiration. Found the perfect bowl and then browsed the store. Suddenly, I found it. Summer, tropics!

Those colors! Those fronds! It called to me. But wait, was I being rash? Do I need another bedspread? Well, of course. Does it look too old lady-ish? Probably, but I am an old lady. I circled the aisle and came back to it, eyeing it warily. Another customer approached. I pounced. It's mine. Summer is here, at least in my bedroom.

 

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Warmer weather always makes me anxious to freshen up the house too. A trip to TJ Maxx and Home Goods are on my agenda this week. Lovely comforter. Glad you enjoyed your time in Mexico.

outlawgardener said...

Glad that it's summer in your bedroom already! Can't wait to see the bowl you chose with your beach glass in it!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I would have ARM WRESTLED you right there in the aisle for that bed covering. OMGOSH-It is so tropical and fun for summer!

Glad you had a nice time in Mexico...welcome home! xo Diana

LostRoses said...

Brandi, if it weren't for the change of seasons my house would probably look the same all the time! But then I get the urge...

Outlaw, good idea, I'll post it!

Oh, I'm glad to hear you say that, Diana. I thought it was just me who thought it was pretty. :-)

Carol Michel said...

Nothing like another customer eyeing that one of a kind thing you want to make you want it even more!

Anonymous said...

I say use what makes you happy. A beautiful, tropical choice.~~Dee