· There isn’t a day that I don’t eat chocolate.
· I’ve been going to the same dentist since I was 18 years old. I’m now 60.
· I love music but it makes me sad – I rarely listen to it.
· I worked in a carnation greenhouse when I was a teenager. Nowadays when I order an arrangement of flowers for any occasion, I always specify “no carnations”.
· I’ve read thousands of books in my lifetime. I generally have two or three going at once at any given time. I get worried if I don’t always have a supply of books and I tend to stockpile them.
· I can’t find anything in my house unless it’s something I use every day. This is one of the great frustrations of my life. I’ve lived in this house for 30 years and things rearrange themselves when I’m not looking.
· One dark and rainy night about 10 years ago my daughter and I experienced a “raining frogs” phenomenon. Hundreds and hundreds of them hopping across a mile-long stretch of interstate outside Tulsa. We couldn’t avoid them and the highway was slick with squished frogs. We’ve never convinced anyone that this happened.
· I have 317 species of birds on my life list. The thrill of seeing a new bird always stops me in my tracks, but my favorite bird is in my own backyard – the ubiquitous American Robin.
My daughter is coming for a visit. I need to find the vacuum cleaner, take the Christmas tree out of her room, and do a bit of "light housework". So I won't be posting for the next week or so but I'll be checking in occasionally to keep up with what everyone is doing. Oh, I'm supposed to tag 8 other bloggers to post 8 random things, so this means you!