Monday, December 28, 2015

I'm Not Going to Think About It - Yet


I promise myself I won't even think about taking down the Christmas decorations until New Year's Day. Who am I kidding? It may be two weeks from New Year's Day. 

It looks snowy inside (and outside.) I like the lights at night. Not ready to give it up. 


I was slow getting decorated. The older I get the more appealing it would be to donate it all each year and start fresh. No hauling boxes up and down from the basement. But I'd have to be rich. Not happening. 


And I would miss these sweet glittery deer on the dining room table each year. 


Nope, can't do it. So I'll continue to be a pack mule going up and down the stairs. Just not yet. 

4 comments:

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I do not take my Christmas decorations down until after Jan 6th...I love having them around me for a little while longer...love your beautiful Christmas decor! Happy New Year!

outlawgardener said...

Your decorations are lovely and we need a little extra sparkle and light this time of year. I used to decorate early and take everything down on new year's day to make a fresh start of the year but now I usually don't get around to decorating until later (Just finished last night.) We have a 12th night party for the church choir on the Saturday closest to Jan 6th so now everything stays up until late in January or sometime in February. It's nice to enjoy the season a little longer and the twelve days of Christmas don't begin until the 25th. In medieval times, Christmas was a 40 day feast lasting from the 25th until Feb. 2 (Groundhog Day and half way between the winter solstice and the spring equinox.) We're not procrastinating, we're just old fashioned, right?

essay best said...

Haha...I know the feeling...I mean just putting all the decoration away kinda gives me this empty feeling. I like the ambiance it retains around the house, like a festivity going on.

aryanoone said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice Blog.I like it.
norton setup with product key
activate my norton product key
how to run mcafee unique product key
comcast support telephone number
AVG Antivirus toll free number
webroot antivirus support phone number
kaspersky contact number
Outlook support number
microsoft edge support number